Last updated on May 20, 2018.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
- When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, credit card information or other details to create an account, authenticate your payment, and collect information required by US laws.
- When submitting your contact information including email address for promotions or questions, we may reach out to you for related services from Zen WP.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you:
- Register on our site
- Place an order
- Subscribe to a newsletter
- Fill out a form
- Use live chat
- Open a support ticket
- Browse our site
- Enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To process your transactions.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products.
- To follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
- To retain information that is required under US laws.
- To authenticate payments for your transactions.
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and are never stored on our servers. All transactions are processed through a payment processor and are not stored or processed on our servers.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
Do we use “cookies”?
Information that is collected through Zen WP’s cookies are anonymized and can not be used to identify you. However, third-party cookies may collect information that can be used to identify you.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Google Chrome) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled It won’t affect the user’s experience that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
However, you can still place orders.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
- Authenticate your payment information for transactions.
To be in accordance with CAN SPAM we agree to the following:
- NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence within 24 hours.
Removing Your Personally Identifiable Information from Zen WP
If you wish to have your information including Personally Information removed from our systems, you can email us at email@example.com with:
- Your First Name
- Your Last Name
- Your Email Address
Upon receiving your email, we will send a final confirmation email to your provided email address within 24 hours. Upon confirming your request through the email, any information associated with your name and email address will be completely removed from our systems within 24 hours. If you have an active Zen WP account with us, your account will be promptly cancelled, deleted, and voided for any refunds.
We offer third-party products or services on our website that may collect additional information. It’s also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking through the following companies:
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We along with third-party vendors, such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Opting out of Google:
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
Removing your information from Google:
Users can request Google to remove information that can be used to identify them by visiting their Removal Policies page: https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/2744324
Removing your Google information from Zen WP:
Any information that Zen WP controls or processes through Google’s advertising or tracking network is either anonymized or kept in the aggregate and can not be used to identify you.
We use the Facebook Pixel to compile information about user interaction across both networks. Any information that Zen WP collects and controls through Facebook’s Pixel in it’s advertising or tracking network is either anonymized or kept in the aggregate and can not be used to identify you. However, Facebook may collect information that can be used to identify you.
We also utilize Facebook’s Custom Audience whose process may entail the uploading of any Personally Identifiable Information you have submitted to Zen WP to Facebook’s systems.
Opting out of Facebook:
Users can set preferences for how Facebook advertises to you using the Facebook Settings page.
Removing your Facebook information from Zen WP:
You may request to have your information removed from our systems and our Facebook’s Custom Audience by following the instructions above under the section titled “Removing Your Personally Identifiable Information from Zen WP.”
We use Disqus to allow users to comment on our site. Any information that Zen WP collects and controls through Disqus’ cookies in it’s advertising or tracking network is either anonymized or kept in the aggregate and can not be used to identify you. However, Disqus may collect information that can be used to identify you.
Opting out of Disqus:
Users can set preferences for how Disqus advertises to you using the Disqus Settings page.
Removing your Disqus information from Zen WP:
Any information that Zen WP controls or processes through Disqus is either anonymized or kept in the aggregate and can not be used to identify you.
We use HotJar to record users’ interactions on our site.
Removing your HotJar information from Zen WP:
However, any recordings or information that Zen WP collects and controls through HotJar is anonymized and can not be used to identify you. Recordings of any form fills obfuscate any input and can not be retrieved nor stored by anyone at Zen WP.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Users are able to change their personal information:
- By emailing us
- By logging in to their account
- By chatting with us or sending us a ticket
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify the users via email within 7 business days
- We will notify the users via in-site notification within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
Zen WP – www.zenwp.co
2549 Eastbluff Dr. Suite 161
Newport Beach, CA 92660